Frederick Campus

In the midst of a town steeped in history is our school with a campus to match, and a tradition that spans more than a century. In the fall of 1868, thirty-four students arrived. Some walked. Some came in carriage or on horseback. Their accommodations were stark-two abandoned stone barracks that had housed captured Hessian soldiers during the American Revolutionary War.
The number of students and teaching staff increased. By the fall of 1875, a new building was added to accommodate the growth. The Frederick Campus was renovated between 1965 and 1975, after the Maryland General Assembly allocated funds to meet the need for increased services.

The campus today stands in contrast to the one first encountered by students, with fountains, walkways lined with trees, and modern facilities.
Kevin Strachan
Assistant Superintendent / Principal
[email protected] 
Jennifer Yost Ortiz
Dean of Student Affairs
[email protected]