Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) actively promotes communication among families, county programs, local school systems, professional organizations, and the community.
MSD’s Outreach Coordinator serves as a liaison to provide awareness of MSD and the bilingual education program the school provides. The Coordinator is available to meet with and provide tours for prospective families, attend IEP meetings of deaf and hard of hearing students enrolled in public schools across the state, present about MSD at workshops, and to collaborate with community agencies and events to promote MSD.
Open Houses for prospective families are scheduled in the spring of each school year on both the Frederick and Columbia campuses.
SAVE THE DATE - Spring 2018
- Columbia Campus: Friday, May 11, 2018
- Frederick Campus: Friday, May 18, 2018
Schedule a Tour
MSD also welcomes prospective families to schedule individual tours throughout the school year. If you are a prospective student or family, please contact Erin Buck Skees to schedule your visit.
For information on how to schedule visits for professionals or groups, please contact the Outreach Office to schedule your visit.
Connect with MSD
MSD’s Outreach Coordinator is available to connect with you! Support is available for IEP meetings, workshops and events, community partnerships, and more! Contact the Outreach Office with collaboration requests.
Contact the Outreach Office
Erin Buck Skees | Outreach Coordinator
- Maryland Advisory Council on the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (MACDHH)
- Maryland State Steering Committee for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students
- Connections Beyond Sight and Sound (CBSS) Advisory Committee
- American Society for Deaf Children (ASDC)
- Hands and Voices
- Family Support and Resource Center (FSRC)
- Parent Connections
- National Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDE)
- Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE)
- Deaf Culture Digital Library
- Frederick County Chamber of Commerce
- Celebrate Frederick
- Friends Meeting School
- New Spire Arts
- Frederick Keys