Since 1987, the Maryland School for the Deaf Foundation's sole purpose has been to encourage and provide support to the students at the Maryland School for the Deaf. The Mission of the Maryland School for the Deaf Foundation is to raise money to provide scholarships and resources that enhance the education of MSD students. The Foundation seeks to stimulate awareness about MSD through community involvement while acting as a responsible solicitor and prudent manager of assets created by charitable gifts, bequests and fundraising.
- Scholarships for graduating seniors
- Sponsorship of students and faculty for educational events
- Funding for educational programs and materials
- Camp tuition for students
- Performance awards to qualifying students
- Financial support of Deaf athletic events
- Funding for computers, software, and communication devices
- Operation of MSD Foundation ASL Community Classes Program in partnership with the Frederick County business community, resulting in over 1,000 adult learners receiving introductory ASL classes, free of charge
Ways to Give
Maryland School for the Deaf is an independent state agency governed by a Board of Trustees and overseen by a Board-appointed Superintendent. The Maryland legislature provides approximately 90% of MSD’s operating budget. Sponsorships, gifts, and grants from community partners, alumni, friends, corporations, and foundations provide critical support that allows MSD to fulfill its mission of excellence.
You can help. A gift to the Maryland School for the Deaf helps educate Maryland’s deaf and hard of hearing youth so they can become contributing citizens and lead independent fulfilling lives.
The Maryland School for the Deaf Foundation is a not-for-profit organization that exists to encourage and provide support to MSD students. Gifts to the Foundation are tax deductible. To contact the Foundation, write to P.O. Box 636, Frederick, MD 21705.
Please remember MSD and the MSD Foundation as you make your estate plans.
For more information, visit www.msd-foundation.org.
MSD Foundation Board of Directors
MSD Foundation Coordinator