One of the critical foundations of the program is the home visit which provides for a teacher's support of the family. Home visits are tailored to share current information and resources to support family involvement in their child/children's education.
Children begin learning at birth. Our home visits offer these benefits:
- MSD teachers and professional staff visit families statewide in their homes, providing individualized support.
- Family and MSD team approach, which promotes each family's active participation in their child's development and fundamental early learning.
- Teachers work with families, modeling activities and approaches that support children's early acquisition of language, cognition development, and engagement in early learning and social experience.
- Timely and critical start to the child's school readiness.
- Sharing of information and resources on raising a deaf or hard of hearing child.
- Guidance and support to help families develop and connect with networks of local resources.
Tara Duboski Finkle